Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Final Countdown

It's only about 20 hours till we shake the Repulse Bay dust off of our shoes, and head on out for bigger and better things.  Yesterday, the second of our new replacements, together with his family, arrived at the airport.  He seemed a lot more interested in looking after the store properly.  I spent some time with him this morning, and am a little more secure that he won't let the whole thing fall apart after I'm gone.  As soon as I'm done this, I'll be returning my modem, and preparing for the three day journey ahead of us.  We're looking forward to spending a couple of hours with any family members that can make it for our brief lay-over in Winnipeg.  I'm not sure if we'll be able to get internet during our trip, in order to keep everyone updated, but I hope so.  It should be a couple of eventful days.
I'm told that the whole town of Salluit has been set up as a wireless hot-spot, and all you need to do is head on down to the hamlet office, and pick up a modem.  I think that's pretty much what we have here in Repulse Bay.  That's why I need to return my modem as soon as I'm done with this, so that I can get me deposit back.

P.S. - of course with my first Sunday afternoon off in several months, the Jays game is in a rain delay, there is no NASCAR race, they're showing a taped tennis final from several years ago instead of today's match (for a reason that I haven't figured out yet), and I only watch the last day of golf if there is a Canadian in the hunt.  Pre-season football means nothing to me, so pretty much... I guess I'll shave, shower, and maybe have a nap.  At this point I think that I'm just ready for our plane to arrive already.  Once you've done everything that you need to do and are ready to go, you just want to get it done already, instead of waiting around for the inevitable.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment