Friday, August 20, 2010

Purely Potatoes

Really?  Has it come to this?  Are we that lazy that in order to make ourselves mashed potatoes, we need to buy pre-pealed, pre-cut potatoes?  Get a life!

We only needed to spend a few minutes with our new guy after the store opened this morning to realize that there actually were some pretty good reasons why he wasn't about to get his own store.  He had almost zero people skills with the customers, and no rapport whatsoever.  He was so uptight about all of the rules that he had learned, that the fact that we were there to sell product and make money was totally lost on him.  Oh well... that was our last Friday, with only two days left.  By the way - that just so happened to be the biggest day that we've had since coming up here last September.  Even with my lack of technical knowledge in regards to running the store, we have been steadily winning over the members of the community, and slowly increasing sales.  I guess we might be ready for our own store after all.

P.S. (I guess that I should state that my P.S. actually stands for Pro Sports) - Today was the first Blue Jays game that wasn't on sportsnet one, and I got to see them totally blow up the Red Sox.  Fantastic game!  If only they could come up with some consistency, they could almost become a contender.  And, on a related note: the whole idea of this new sportsnet one channel is totally annoying me!  Up here on the arctic circle, my cable is not everything that it might be cracked up to be in the south.  The sportsnet channel that I get, is sportsnet west, while the guide that I get only shows me what's on sportsnet east (which rarely lines up with my actual channel).  I've contacted both my own provider, as well as their ultimate provider to get this rectified.  Obviously only falling on deaf ears.  Now all the games are being shown on a brand new channel.  What do think the chances are of this new fangled channel making onto my programming up here?  Absolutely none.  I contacted sportnet about this as well, without a reply.  Although it may not have helped that I wrote them a fairly scathing email and told them that they were definitely not going to continue enjoying my viewership, if all they were going to show me was air racing.

That's it.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment