Sunday, August 8, 2010

Third time's the charm

OK  this is definitely going to be the last time today.  I just finished watching "big brother".  Are we really that starved for something semi-entertaining that this show has to be on three times a week?

I did manage to take off less than an hour during store hours to watch a little bit of the Jay's game.  I did actually have some pretty good timing.  I saw the last batter of the 7th, and all of the last two innings for the Rays.  Morrow was awesome!  That attempt to save the no-hitter by Hill was fantastic!  Too bad he couldn't close the deal.  Anyway, one hit and 17 strikeouts was definitely one of those all time performances.  Putting that together with Arencibia's first pitch, first homerun from yesterday, the crowd was electric for two straight days.  It really looked good to see the skydome alive.

I realize that I mentioned this in the last little blog, but I thought that I didn't have any time.  As it turns out, I have a few more minutes, so I thought that I'd expand a little on that last one.

That being said... the Bombers.  I guess that there's only so much that you can expect from your backup, but let's not forget that he was signed to be our number one.  That, and the fact that he's now been the top pivot for more than 50% of the games played so far.  I guess the upside is the fact that only in the CFL can you lose twice as many games as you win, and still be poised to win the Grey Cup.  Let's go Big Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment