Sunday, August 7, 2011

The End of a Loooooooong Day

I had been hearing rumours at the start of the week, that the sun might start to set by the end of the week.  While I've yet to experience darkness for myself, I'm told that on Friday it did actually get dark for a few minutes around 1:30pm.  Other than for a few days on our way through the south to get back up north, I haven't actually seen darkness since sometime around early to mid May.  I look forward to seeing it again in about three weeks.  Of course, when Christmas rolls around I'll be crying about how long it's been since I've seen the sun.  We've got light blocking blinds and curtains, but not that it stops it from being light enough in the room to clearly see each other's faces at night.  Not that I mind seeing Fran's face, but it would be nice to have a restful sleep in the dark.
The Blue Jays won again today, with the new kid Lawrie getting his first big-league homerun.  He has hits in all three games that he's played, and most of his major league firsts have already been achieved.  Way too early to tell what kind of player he's going to turn out to be, but he's sure off to an outstanding start.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment