Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back in Steinbach

We actually did make it back to Steinbach several days ago, but we are staying at a place that doesn't have an internet connection, so communication is limited.  I'm at my parent's place right now, and they have just recently signed up for the internet, so I thought I might as well try to catch up on some of the basics before it starts being too long between blogs, and I start forgetting what has already been said, without missing too many of the important details.
All of the flights were good, and Rory picked us up from the airport.  It took us a couple of days to touch base with most everyone, but we got it done.  This is the first day that hasn't actually been hectically planned.  We've been to the dentist, the vet, the doctor, clothes shopping (apparently we don't sell many Mexico appropriate clothes in the arctic), liscensing the car so that we can get around, and liscensing Fran so that she can drive herself around.  She's catching up with her sister right now, so that gives me a chance to head on over to my parent's to catch up on emails, baseball's season openers, and the last week of hockey's regular season (Fran's parents don't have a single sports chanel).  This lack of sports seems traumatic, but I'll get by.
It's only two more days until we start making our way towards our southern destination, which I'm sure will be fantastic.  In the mean time I signed up for a temporary pass at the gym (all these welcoming meals, with precious little excercise are catching up to my waistline very quickly).  We've also been spending some time in the tanning beds.  My Mom had some extra minutes left over from her last trip to Mexico, and we have been taking full advantage.  I realize that one week of tanning beds will not really prepare us for the equatorial sun, but at least our skin won't be virgin white.
Anyway, that's probably it for now, and the next one will probably be from Mexico.  I'll try to make sure that I post some pictures.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment