Sunday, May 15, 2011

Good To Be Back

After a week in Winnipeg, and sitting through countless hours of regional planning meetings, it's good to be back home.  When you're used to spending 24/7 with your best friend, spending a week with virtual strangers isn't my version of a good time.
There's a three hour store tour coming in on Wednesday, and I've got a ton of things to get into shape before they arrive.  There's always stuff that head office tells me to do, that I just filter out and only complete what I see as a benefit to my store.  It's easy enough to do when they're thousands of miles away, but now that they're coming out for only the second time in two years, I've got to quickly bust my butt to complete as much as possible.  I need to at least make it "look" like I'm following orders.
Same old same old.  It's Sunday morning, we didn't get any freight yesterday, and there's three twin otters scheduled to bring us various freight from around the countryside.  Of course they spread them out perfectly to kill at least six hours (if they're actually on time).  I guess that I should be happy that the dead time between he cargo flights will force me to be at the store on my day off and get a head start on all of the crap that needs to be completed prior to the early Wednesday tour.
That's it for today.  Big Sharks game tonight.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment